Saturday, March 31, 2007

Focus, Focus

Focus. I've been telling myself this for the past days but it really seems that I am out of focus. Maybe because I have a lot at hand right now and my tables, yeah tables, are full of papers and wires. Argh! I feel so helpless over the mound of papers. But then again, it's really up to me, right?

I've been working with several things at the same time. How's that? I should be listening to my friend, Lou. She's been telling me to relax and take things slow and focus. I just reason out most of the time that I'm so busy and I'm in control of things. And now I'm stuck with things that I think are way too heavy for me to handle. 5 tasks at the same time, I thought that I was superman. Hahahaha. Juggle on several things at the same time. There's the annual report, the Manual of Operations, 5 program manuals, Program evaluation and reviews, and the upcoming National Coordinators' Assembly.

Next week, I'll be off for Davao. Home at last. For 5 days, I could be with my family, physically at least. My mind would be swirling with the preparations for the National Assembly a week after. I have to travel from Davao City to Cagayan de Oro City for 7 hours. Just thinking that gives me all the worries.

Right now, I'm just stuck on my chair, facing my laptop, thinking what may be done but still nothing would come my way.

What I realized now is that I have to prioritize things out. How could I prioritize things if all would start and end on the same date? Nosebleed. My boss also thinks that making program manuals would be as easy as completing it within 3 days which includes the research, policy making, lay-outing and printing. How's that again?

Well, I have nothing to qualm about. It's my job. LOL. I will just have to work things out.

No comments: